- Q: What do kids do at a Mad Science birthday party?
- A: During the first 40-45 minutes, the Mad Scientist will engage children with amazing science demonstrations that are conducted with the help of your birthday child and guests. Some examples of experiments that may be included are: watching flames change color in an indoor firework show, seeing flash paper disappear and creating bubbling potions with dry ice. During the final 10-15 minutes of the party, the kids will make slime or silly putty to take home (This activity is not included in the Bubbles and Burps party). Adding on a rocket launch, cotton candy, or other activity will add 10-15 minutes to the length of your party.
- Q: How far in advance do I need to book my party?
- A: Our party schedule fills up quickly. We suggest you book well in advance to get the date and time you want. Generally, at least 3 weeks in advance is recommended.
- Q: What do I need to do to make a reservation?
- A: You can call us at (203) 381-9754 and we’ll be happy to schedule your party over the phone or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a $50 deposit by check to book your party.
- Q: What time can I have my party?
- A: On Saturdays and Sundays we have set party times of 11:15 a.m., 1:45 p.m., and 4:15 p.m. Occasionally parties can also be scheduled Monday-Friday at any time. All dates and times are subject to availability. We guarantee 45-60 minutes of entertainment.
- Q: Do I need to know the exact number of kids attending my party to book it?
- A: No. All we need is an estimate of the number of children you expect to attend. We ask that you plan for the largest number of children expected. On the day of the party, you will be charged only for the number of kids that actually attend.
- Q: When will the Mad Scientist arrive?
- A: The Mad Scientist will arrive at least 15 minutes early to set up. He/she will be ready to start the show at the time you booked. It is best to start your party at least 15-30 minutes before your Mad Science show is scheduled to start, as the Mad Scientist must start on time.
- Q: What kind of space is needed?
- A: The scientist will need some type of table to be supplied to set up on. Card table size is preferred. We ask that you have enough space for the Mad Scientist and for your guests to be comfortable as well. The kids can be seated on the floor or on chairs, several feet back from the table.
- Q: How much space is needed for the rocket launch?
- A: The Mad Scientist will need a medium to large sized back yard or open space to launch the rocket. If you are not sure whether you have sufficient space, you can always add the rocket launch and then the Mad Scientist will assess whether or not it is safe to launch the rocket on the day of the party. You will not be charged for the upgrade if the rocket cannot be launched safely.
- Q: Will I have to provide the Mad Scientist with anything?
- A: We will need access to water for set-up and clean-up and access to an electrical outlet, as well as the aforementioned table. Please let us know if your party location cannot have either of these.
- Q: Once I have scheduled my party, can I make changes to it later?
- A: Any changes to your party must be scheduled at least three business days before your party.
- Q: Is it okay to have other activities going on while the Mad Scientist is performing?
- A: The Mad Scientist will begin at the scheduled start time and continue until our portion of the entertainment is finished. We will not be able to stop for any other activities (ex. food or cake). Please plan accordingly. Please do not serve food or drink during the Mad Science show. If parents plan to attend with their children - we welcome them! Just please ask the chatty parents to stay in another room so that the children are not struggling to hear their scientist!
- Q: Can I have the phone number of my Mad Scientist?
- A: We do not provide the Mad Scientist’s personal contact information. If you would like the Mad Scientist to call you on the day of your party, we can make a note for him/her to do so.
- Q: For what ages are your parties appropriate?
- A: Our parties are appropriate for children between 3 to 12 years of age. Younger siblings generally watch, but do not actively participate in the party and should not make a take home project. We determine the number of attendees based on the number of children between the ages of 3 and 12.
- Q: When do I pay?
- A: We require a $50 deposit to book your party. At the end of your party, you will pay the Mad Scientist the remaining balance. You can pay with check, cash or credit card. All credit card payments must be arranged with our office at the time of the confirmation. Our instructors are not able to accept a card on the day of the party.
Q: What is your policy on tipping?
A. If you think your Mad Scientist did a great job, a tip is very much appreciated.
If you have any other questions, please call us at (203) 381-9754